From Wiki | LUG@UCLA
- authentication step (ssh?)
- create new event from command line interface
- short description (1 sentence)
- long HTML description
- authorization step (ldap?)
- if officer, allow to directly register newly created event
- if not officer, somehow submit event to officers for approval (e.g. prepare email to officer for copy+paste).
- the event gets inserted into the events database
- a new event page is created (using Django/python to render)
- event added to the calendar
- calendar displays the event time and title, and links to the event page
- event added to the events list on front page
- event only visible if it is within the next five events AND within the next two months (adjustable)
- the event should be broadcasted via a RESTful interface
- fortunebot (IRC bot for #lug) should poll the RESTful interface for new events, and announce them as they appear.