UCLA on OpenStreetMap
OpenStreetMap (OSM) is a collaborative project to create a free (as in freedom) editable map for anyone to use and share. OSM map data is provided under an Open Database License, which promotes free use and redistribution of the data. More info on OSM.
You can help make OSM better by contributing to it your knowledge of the UCLA campus. See what UCLA currently looks like on OSM:
All those little details like bike racks, shops, parking lots, etc. make OSM an extremely valuable resource for campus foreigners and campus experts alike, so every little contribution is appreciated!
Map TODO list
- construction zones can be filled in as areas (i.e. solid polygon) with this tag:
- fill in the rest of the bike racks. To add a bike rack, use a point of interest (POI) with this tag:
- anywhere there is a bike pump, use a POI with this tag:
- sorority row??
- a lot of university buildings are currently labeled as POIs rather than areas (why?!). transfer the POI data to the corresponding area and delete the POI.
- translate element names to languages other than English.
- OpenStreetMap Wiki - an invaluable resource for mappers and feature discussion
- OpenStreetMap Foundation
- help map UCLA on OpenStreetMap - /r/ucla
- UCLA on OpenStreetMap is nearly complete! - /r/ucla