- puppet tutorial by Matthew McKeen- TBA
- Creating packages for Linux by ??? - TBA
- high level overview, and history of package management
- RPM spec file overview
- DEB control file overview
- Effing Package Management (FPM)
- openSUSE Build Service
- Contributing to Open Source by ??? - TBA
- distinction from "free software"
- examples of successful open source projects and how they expanded
- using open source helps open source
- best practices
- network security for admins, by Jacqueline Lo - TBA
- django tutorial
- revision control introduction (based around git)
- personal backup and encryption solutions
- overview of darknet, meshnet, ad-hoc wifi, i2p, tor, cjdns, onion routing, and related topics.
- intro to linux  
- PGP/SSH keys, and other cryptography topics, followed by a keysigning party. also cover sending plaintext passwords over the network and demonstrate using three laptops (sending, receiving, intercepting)
- Cross-compiling (eg, PC to Raspberry Pi == Lintel to armv6)
- window manager overview (e.g. tiling vs. stacking, compositing vs. non-compositing, 2d vs. 3d, X11 vs. wayland, etc)
Note: Feel free to add talks you would like to hear, or are willing to give.
Submitting a talk
If you will give a talk, please email the presentation slides (ODP, PDF, or impress.js) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your slides will be uploaded to the LUG file server and linked from here.