From Wiki | LUG@UCLA
Revision as of 10:56, 19 July 2013 by 126.96.36.199
Feel free to add talks you would like to hear, or are willing to give.
- intro to linux  
- revision control introduction (based around git)
- Walk through installing and configuring a server (eg, Apache + PHP and/or Apache + Django)
- Hardening a server 
- Cross-compiling (eg, PC to Raspberry Pi == Lintel to armv6)
- ray tracing/path tracing
- PGP/SSH keys, and other cryptography topics, followed by a keysigning party. also cover sending plaintext passwords over the network and demonstrate using three laptops (sending, receiving, intercepting)
- window manager overview (e.g. tiling vs. stacking, compositing vs. non-compositing, 2d vs. 3d, X11 vs. wayland, etc)
- personal backup and encryption solutions
- overview of darknet, meshnet, ad-hoc wifi, i2p, tor, cjdns, onion routing, and related topics.