Server From Scratch
From Wiki | LUG@UCLA
Revision as of 18:47, 30 October 2013 by 126.96.36.199
Server From Scratch is a 3 part series of tutorials designed to provide a very hands-on experience with deploying a web service from scratch.
Part 1: Hardware
- highlight differences between server hardware and desktop hardware
- demonstrate different hardware configurations
- install distribution
Part 2: Basic Configuration
- Overview of the filesystem hierarchy
- install MariaDB from external repository
Part 3: Deploying Services
- simple cgi script as "home page"
- install some other application, like mediawiki
- connect to database
- configure apache to serve full website