Difference between revisions of "Rules"
From Wiki | LUG@UCLA
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Rules V2 ==
== Rules V2 ==
Revision as of 20:55, 3 June 2013
Rules V2 (effective 2013-06-03)
- Clean up after yourself.
- Close the door when you are the last person to leave (even for a trip to the bathroom).
- Reminder: your card may be revoked if you do not show up for longer than 1 month.
- If you wish to take anything from the LUG, notify everybody by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org then wait for approval.
- If you donated computers, printers, monitors, etc., notify everybody by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Do not break any US or California laws in the use of your account.
- Do not use your account to support any business or other commercial activity.
- Reminder: LUG@UCLA servers are a shared resource. We do not implement strict resource quotas, but your account may be revoked if you abuse it.
- Disk soft-quota:
- CPU soft-quota:
- Bandwidth soft-quota:
- Paper soft-quota:
1) Cleanup after yourself 2) Clean up after yourself or else you get to clean up the whole lounge the next time you come in. 3) Lost property (stuff that was forgotten) shall be returned to its owner unless the owner does not come to claim it before the storage of the item becomes a burden to those taking responsibility for lounge maintenance. 4) Do not store personal items in the lounge for an indefinite period of time (maximum definite period of 1 month) 5) Close the door when you are the last person to leave (even for a trip to the bathroom) 6) No personal machines are allowed in the lounge longer than 12 hours. Definition: A personal machine is one which those in charge of the lounge do not have complete control over. 7) Lounge administrators must have root (or the platform equivalent) access to all machines (for network security purposes) 8) Case covers may only be off of a machine when it is currently being worked on. If there is a delay in working on the machine, the cover should be loosely screwed on IF that delay may last for more than 10 minutes. Definition of "worked on": Hardware configuration NOTE: This means that case covers should be on RUNNING machines, AND non-running machines. 9) If you do not show up to the lounge for long periods of time (> 1 mo): A. We may choose to not renew your access (bi-annual renewals are performed by the dept) B. If your card key does not work, make sure you are on the list. C. I you are not on the list then: i. arrange to meet someone in the lounge if you need to retrieve something ii. talk with the officers if you think you should be on the list The idea here is: make yourself a visible participant to the officers