LUG@UCLA makes very efficient use of your donations for three reasons:
- open source software runs on old hardware since it is easily maintained by the community, greatly prolonging its support range.
- open source operating systems tend to be far more efficient, thus require less system resources.
- LUGs in general are interested in how things work, and will fix/salvage broken things.
We appreciate all hardware donations, but we specifically need:
- desktop computers
- any PCI-E graphics card
- any parts for an HP LaserJet 4000 or 8000 printer
- networking equipment (e.g. hubs, switches, wifi routers)
- cables (e.g. VGA, DVI, HDMI, power cords)
We will take broken monitors, but anything else needs to be in working condition.
With your donation, we can buy new, shiny hardware to replace the old, dying hardware.