LUG@UCLA makes very efficient use of your donations for two reasons:
- open source software runs well on old hardware since a) it can be maintained by the community, and b) it tends to be far more efficient than proprietary software, thus requiring less system resources.
- LUGs in general are interested in how things work, and will fix/salvage broken things.
With your donation, we can buy new, shiny hardware to replace the old, dying hardware.
We appreciate all hardware donations, but we specifically need:
- desktop computers
- PCI-E graphics cards
- parts for an HP LaserJet 4000 or 8000 printer (especially a duplexer!!!)
- networking equipment (e.g. hubs, switches, wifi routers)
- cables (e.g. audio, VGA, HDMI, power cords)
- USB sticks
We will take broken monitors!